SCACE Annual Conference - Graduate Student Scholarship: 2018
In an effort to expand interest and knowledge of the career counseling and college recruiting fields, and in order to encourage graduate students in relevant programs to assume a professional identity and leadership following graduation, SCACE is offering a graduate student scholarship for the annual conference. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, please review the material below thoroughly before submitting your application.
Look at the requirements below, if you qualify please feel free to fill out the Graduate Student Scholarship Form.
Qualifications of Scholarship Applicants:
• Current graduate student or recent graduate of a South Carolina institution at the time of the conference
• First-time attendee at the 2018 SCACE Annual Conference
• Interest in career services, recruiting, and/or human resources as a future career
• Commitment to professional development
• Availability to attend the Joint Annual Conference on May 20-22, 2018 in Charlotte, NC
• Letter of Interest (one-page limit) answering these questions: Why are you interested in attending the 2018 NCACE/SCACE Joint Annual Conference? What do you hope to gain by attending?
• Recommendation Letter (1) – from supervisor or professor
• Submit the documents detailed above to the SCACE 2018 Conference Graduate Student Scholarship Committee through the application link by March 16, 2018
• The scholarship recipient will be notified by March 27, 2018
• The scholarship recipient will have until April 4, 2018 to accept the scholarship with the acknowledgement of their duties as a recipient
• The scholarship recipient will then receive information about membership, conference registration, hotel accommodations, and conference details
Duties of Scholarship Recipient:
• Attend the conference and participate in programs and breakout sessions throughout the conference
• Write a submission for the SCACE newsletter (within one month of the conference) describing their experience and what they learned
Benefits for Scholarship Recipient:
• 1-year SCACE membership
• Conference Registration Fee
• Hotel Accommodations (2 nights – Sunday & Monday)
• New Member Conference Buddy
Again, if you qualify please feel free to fill out the Graduate Student Scholarship Form.